Discovering new things on your own makes a vacation more memorable. Interested to try that traditional Greek tavern along the coast? Ride a bike and visit the place. Kos is a small, fairly flat island ideal for cycling for fitness or fun. The bike lanes (Kos has a cycling network of over 15km) stretching from Psalidi to Lampi make it convenient and safe for guests to explore the town. Bikes, including helmet and lock, can be rented at 3-8 Euros per day.
You can rent a bike right outside Kos Hotel, get to the cycling avenue right across the street, and pedal your way towards the town. From here you will see the Castle of Neratzia as well as the Plane Tree of Hippocrates. Bike towards the other end of the coastline and you will reach Psalidi Beach. Make your way into the center and you will see the Odeon and the ancient Stadium, two of the many sights that will amaze you in Kos Town. Going around in a bike also allows you to observe and appreciate the daily life in Kos. If you wish to have a handy street map, feel free to ask for assistance at the hotel frontdesk.
Kos Aktis Junior Suite belongs to the Bike Friendly hotels network and offers:
- Area map including cycling routes on the island.
- Space for secure bicycle parking and storage.
- Availability of tool kit (free service).
- Washing machine-dryer available on the same day delivery (extra charge).
- Possibility to rent and repair bicycles opposite the hotel (extra charge).
- Parking spaces - special rack for bicycles.
- Ability to prepare lunch boxes with fruit, toasts, energy drinks etc
- Offering a healthy, genuine Greek breakfast.
- Gym facilities in the hotel premises.
- Spa facilites in the hotel, providing wellness services: sauna, hammam, Jacuzzi, massage, body & face treatments.